Please include the following in your book proposal:
- Cover letter including an explanation of why you think your book fits into Plough’s publishing program.
- Sample chapter and table of contents.
- Prospectus, which should include: working title, subject, author bio, qualifications (why are you the right person to write this book?), manuscript completion date, intended audience, special features or benefits (what gap does your book fill?), marketing strategies, potential endorsers.
- Please include in your prospectus a description of what channels are available to you for helping promote your book, for instance organizations, social media followers (give details), email newsletters, events, and any media experience or contacts.
- Please don’t send us your complete manuscript unless invited to do so.
- Please don’t submit a proposal for the same book more than once.
- You may include up to five art or image files where relevant to your proposal, but these must not be larger than 2 megabytes.
- Please don’t send originals or anything that cannot be replaced. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we cannot return any materials you submit, nor are we responsible for lost materials.
How to SubmitPlease allow six weeks for a response. If you haven’t heard back from us by then, please email us to inquire.
Send book proposals to:
Plough Publishing House
Attn: Editorial Submissions
151 Bowne Drive
Walden, NY 12586
Or by email:
SUBJECT: Book Proposal